Welcome to Amasia Marketing Consultants, we are a team of translators based in China helping international designers to find jobs. Amasia guide you to promote your services step by step: brochure, website, to meet Chinese clients, interview, etc. We help international architects /designers /planners to find jobs in China, and facilitate their design process including translation, communication, handling the contract and payment, review their concepts before submitting to the clients, etc.
We are neither an acting agent of our clients, nor a typical head hunter. Our main job is to maintain the bridge-like platform where international designers and Chinese clients/Chinese designers meet. We make sure they can communicate with each other efficiently without much of our involvement.
Amasia is based in the City of Changsha, China.
How do you find clients in China?
Through this website, our Wechat accounts, and most importantly, our existing clients through the years.
Will you be like our marketing manager in China, or our translator, or a consultant?
We will be all of them. Our agent will find clients for you, recommend you to thousands of Chinese design firms who would like to work together with you, handle all the translation from negotiation, contract, design, presentation, meetings in China, site observation, local manufacturer tours, until the grand opening of the project. In addition to that, we will instruct you to improve your website, brochure so that potential Chinese clients will have better understanding to your experience and styles. And even more, our agent will review your concepts before you submit them to the client, because you do not know the Chinese codes, the government rules, the prices/costs…and we know what the client wants before you figure it out.
Is it difficult to work in China?
Over 90% of international architecture/interior/landscape design firms had extreme difficulties, felt frustrated when working with Chinese clients, including those who have worked in China for years. Like these, and listen to this: “An employee for an architectural firm that did work in China told the Los Angeles Times, “I was a very bad experience for us. They’d yell at us, scream at us, demand things and say you couldn’t leave the country…until you finish the job. They expected us to work 14-, 16-hour days. They had some of my designers in tears.”
So it’s all so miserable? No one had happy endings?
An employee of another firm had nothing but good things to say. “They treated us like celebrities,” he said.” From factsanddetails.com. Well the horrible experience above was is just an extreme example, most of Chinese clients are nice to international designers. I can tell that those who had worse experience in China must be partially responsible for the consequence too. It’s always a result of conflicts between different ways of working together. In China the clients expect a lot from international designers that they paid a huge price considering the lower income level. Amasia knows how to avoid those typical conflicts.
Do I have other options instead of hiring you as our consultant?
It must be very frustrating for both sides when a Chinese client felt they need to yell at the international designers and make them work 14-16 hours a day, isn’t it? And you certainly want to avoid this kind of jobs and clients. How would you find out their backgrounds, and the nature of the project? Well, you pay someone to do the digging upfront.
You do understand that when dealing with a lot of money, you need an accountant or a lawyer, even in your own country where everyone speaks the same language and obeys the same laws, right? When you work in China, you need to have either an office with Chinese employees, or hire a consultant like us. So your option is to set up an office which will cost you a lot more money.
How do we hire you? How much do you charge?
By becoming a member of our site, you will have a professional consultant who has worked in this area since 2008. Click Membership and Representation above and find out more about our services and the cost.
How many designers are you representing at this moment?
There are already a number of American architects joined us and we always put them on top of the list when we recommend architects/designers to our Chinese clients. But sorry we cannot tell you how many of them. When you work in China with us, you may work with other designers/architects that we represent too. We always try to put them together as a team for projects like master planning, etc.
Do the Chinese clients trust you? Are you their acting agents?
Because we are the most experienced agents in China in this area, Chinese clients trust us more than any magazines/websites. In very few occasions we are their acting agents.
Who are the clients in China that are hiring international designers?
More and more Chinese clients can afford to hire international architects and designers, 80% of them are developers who are building an internationally high level luxury projects like a 5-star hotel and resort, a luxury gated community, golf, shopping mall, skyscrapers, etc. You know how wealthy our government and some corporations/home owners are. Actually most of the luxury home owners in China are involved in gray money. Almost all city mayer level officials have one or more luxury homes and they are one of the major buyers/customers for the projects you will be designing.
The problem is that these people, including the developers, are used to treat designers/architects like a servant. Most of buyers are lack of respect to the sellers – the designers are sellers of their services. So the Chinese clients are normally impatient to wait for your response/deliverables, it’s just like we listen to international designers complaining about the slow reaction of the Chinese clients.
What are the main problems with the Chinese clients?
- Because there are huge differences between China and the rest of the world in terms of architecture and construction. In China, it takes 3 months to build a house, while in the Western countries it takes over a year.
- Here the code is different but not so different, what makes it difficult is that we have a very corrupt and powerful government who implements the codes.
- Because in China most of people have been used to live in an environment that is lack of justice and fairness, the Chinese developers and clients are used to a situation with the architects that they are in control and sit in a higher seat than the architects and designers because they have the money. So even though they will show a lot more respect to international architects, that kind of attitude will sometimes affect the working relationship with you.
- Most of Chinese architectural firms are large compared with the international design firms, they are planners, archhits and also engineers, they are both designers and “architects of records”, and the Chinese developers have no idea that most of the international design firms are smaller and only specialize in one category. This kind of differences need to be taken care of by professionals like Amasia Marketing Consultants. Amasia will instruct international designers and architects how to avoid the possible conflicts caused by wrong assumptions.
- China is a nation lack of land yet has a huge population, and more importantly, all the land is owned by the government which means the local governments in different cities are the only seller of land when developers want to build a project. No doubt the corrupt and enormous government makes the land extremely expensive, so the developers all tried everything they can to raise the Floor Area Ratio, which makes sure they will have more floor area to sell per square meter/foot. But most of international architects are not used to design in a situation like this. And many mistakes/arguments are caused by this. So again, that’s where Amasia comes from. We take care of possible conflicts and make sure the design process is smooth.
Since the Chinese clients are aware of all these problems based on their bad experience, they turn to us, and ask us to recommend international architects/designers because we will make their work much easier. They know we always recommend the most cost-effective and easy-to-work international designers to them. They can also tell how professional we are when they see how we translate in the meetings – we understand the architecture and construction related terminologies.
We are the no.1 agency in this area mainly because we keep the same goal when everyone is frustrated.
How do we pay you?
This website is designed to be a membership site.
Most of the valuable contents will be for our members who pay us monthly fee. Click Membership above for more details: the benefits and fee, what kind of services you will get from our agents/consultants if you pay us monthly.
What’s those Free Tools mean in your menu?
If you do not want to pay us monthly, and you would rather try to reach the China market yourself, you can use those tools to do everything yourself and then decide to hire us or not late. Those tools allow you to publish your best works and news in Chinese to multiple Chinese design websites including the Amasia Chinese site, and our friends’ sites, without paying a translation fee, yet making sure those are professional translations. And the potential Chinese clients can reach you through those Chinese webpages directly without going through our friends or Amasia.
You can click the Free Tools directly above, or click Subscribe below the page, and you will receive instructions about how to introduce yourself to Chinese clients, for free.
For example, there is a tool you can use to convert your resume into Mandarin automatically, for free. Use this tool we developed for you, you can follow the steps to fill in information about your team, your works, and our system will convert most of the information into Chinese, and you can decide whether or not to hire Amasia translator to translate the rest of the messages into Mandarin. Converting your messages into Mandarin and show your profile in our site is free, and our system will pass the word to Chinese version of Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter automatically. Like weibo.com and t.qq.com, etc. Over the time, our blogging has attracted a lot of fans all over China, and your profile/resume may be passed to them in a minute.
What we do not do
Click Services above, you will see what we can do and how much we charge for different services we provide to promote your services in our country.
What we do not do are:
- We do not recommend anyone to our clients who are not signed up to our membership. No matter how established you are in the world, and in China. So basically, we do not work with large design firms because they are not likely to sign up our membership. Amasia Marketing Consultants are friends of small-mid size design firms.
- We do not design anything, none of our team is designer. Most of us are translators who learned the architectural terminologies. A few of us are specialized in website programing.
- We do not buy anything on behalf of our clients, no equipments, no furniture.
- We do not hire international designers/architects ourselves, we only recommend them to our business partners in China, which could be manufacturers, design firms, installers, etc.
- We provide free tools to use, but not free services.
Explain more about your Chinese websites / connections
If you hire Amasia to translate your company profile, it will be shown here in our main Chinese website Amasia Designers.
We work with a number of Chinese manufacturers like furniture makers, cabinetry makers, and design firms in different cities closely, helping them to put together an international designer team for their high end clients. And we also provide fresh materials to their websites, which could be your best or recent work that is converted into Chinese using one of our tools. Click Free Tools on top of this page and find out more, or try it as it’s always free since that kind of convertion is created in a smart and professional way that no human translation is needed.
If you are an individual designer or architect and want to find a job in China, please use this link to visit another website of ours, which is just designed to help those talented designers to come to China to work. It’s free to use and we have provided necessary instructions/support to the users. But we do not provide free services other than that. You can pretty much do everything yourself, just use the free tools of this site to convert your resume into Mandarin, and publish them to the Chinese websites including ours.
Here below are the Linkedin Groups we created and we suggest you join. We and other Chinese clients may post job opportunities there from time to time.
Architecture Design and Master Planning projects in China | Interior Architecture Job Oppotunities in China | Landscape Architecture Job opportunities in China | Lighting Design Job Opportunities in China
Amasia=America + Asia
Most of our business partners, architects/designers we work with are from America. This company started in California when Julian Luo was working there.
However, Amasia Marketing Consultants are now working with international architects and interior designers from all over the world, Europe and North America.
If you have any questions regarding how to work with Amasia, please use this form to send it to us. If you just would like us to notify you when we have a job and want to find an architect/designer, pls subscribe to our mailing list using the form to the left.
Due to the time difference, we prefer you use the contact forms instead of calling us or emailing us directly.
Amasia keeps looking for qualified international architects/planners/designers for our Chinese clients, and we prefer smaller firms instead of those who have established themselves in China. Also it’s very important for you to be flexible/adaptive working in this country, to be successful. So please make sure you are willing to change the way you work in your own country.
If you want to find out if you are ready to work in China, there is a simple quiz on this website you can use. It takes one minutes. Click here to try.